Native vs Hybrid App Development Approach
, November 16, 2017
Both types of apps have their own advantages and disadvantages. Hybrid apps support all platforms like Android, iOS, Windows, and Blackberry but Native apps support the platform for which it is built.If you want to build an app then the first decision you will have to make is which type of application you want to build i.e. Native or Hybrid. You can also decide according to these factors Let us have look Native vs hybrid
Top 8 key factor for Native vs hybrid
- Development Cost - Hybrid apps cost is cheaper than native apps because Hybrid app takes minimum amount of time to develop and can be built on a single platform. But Native apps needs different platform for development like Android studio to develop android app and Xcode to develop iOS app. So this increases the cost as you will have to hire different developers for different platforms.
- Time - Hybrid apps take less time to development . Because a single code of hybrid apps can run on all platforms, it is not required to write the code for all platforms.
- User Experience: - - Native apps provides better user interface and performance as compared to hybrid apps because they can be manipulated easily as they are being built for a platform specifically whereas Hybrid apps restrict the users in some scenarios as it has to be built compatible to all the platforms so it is difficult to make an app that provides good performance rate. Different platforms have different compatibilities.
- Performance and Quality: - - Native apps provide better performance than Hybrid apps. Sometimes Hybrid app does not respond quickly and take too much time in loading and also don't support high resolution, unlike native apps which support high resolution. Sometimes it is difficult to implement large and tricky animations in hybrid apps but native apps support any kind of animation easily and smoothly.If we are talking about quality then native apps provide better quality because these apps are designed for a particular platform they build to perform only on a single kind of device and build using its own tool like if we build an android app using Android studio and Java and iOS app using Xcode and Swift or Objective-c. Designs of apps are more user-friendly as compared to a hybrid.
- Maintenance - Maintenance of hybrid app is easier than native apps because it builts using frameworks like HTML, jQuery, CSS, ionic etc. and developers need to maintain only a single code to maintain all platform apps. But if the used framework is not good then the maintenance of hybrid apps will become too hard. Also if the code of hybrid apps is not proper then it is not possible to maintain the previous code easily.
- Security - Native apps are more secure . But actually, the security of an app depends upon the developer and his experience. The security of app also depends upon the server side code. A expert mobile app development company needs to create the code of app and back-end which provides higher security levels. Most of the apps need to provide the high security like payment app, personal information app, social apps etc.
- Popularity - Most of the popular apps are built in native technology. Native apps don't have feature limitation we can add unlimited features in native apps but it is not the case in hybrid apps that is the main reason for the popularity of native apps.
When we choose approch for app development according to key factor of native vs hybrid apps, Both app development approch have limitations like permissions limitation, User information limitations etc. In hybrid apps, there are a limited amount of SDKs and libraries but native apps development tools provide in numerous SDKs and libraries.
According to key factor native vs hybrid Both types approch for development of apps are good according to requirements. If you want to build a simple MVP app for content showing app (Wikipedia) then the hybrid apps are feasible. But if you want to build a high-level MVP app like facebook, LinkedIn etc then the native apps are feasible because hybrid apps cannot manage high-level data and code.